5 Gallon Buckets (5.8) Smith Rock, OR
Dude; the most gnarly huecos you have ever seen in your life yield the largest jugs that you have ever hooked your whole weak-ass arm around. Oh, and the polish is legit—and the first bolt is 30’ up. 🤙
The huge huecos of 5 Gallon Buckets are often the first piece of rock that a climber touches on his or her first trip to the park.
- The fun and consistent 5.8 climbing is straightforward and enjoyable as a warmup or a toprope. A Smith classic!
- This is the left-most route on the big huecoed section of the wall.
- There's one bolt that can't be seen from the ground (it's in one of the big huecos), so remember to bring a 'draw for it.
- Due to its central location and easy grade this is possibly the most popular route at Smith Rock.
- There is almost always a rope up on it and a crowd of people at the base.
- It receives early morning sun and keeps it all day, making it a good starting point for the cold days. // (via MountainProject.com)
Location // Oregon > Central Oregon > Smith Rock > Morning Glory Wall